22 Nisan 2008 Salı

Milano: The City of Disappointment

From now on I have decided to write my blog in English. My purpose is to poison the minds of younglings and flash a bulb in the minds of the mature around the world, but not just in Turkey. As you may understand from this statement I am a Turk. I will not have the pleasure to introduce myself to those who are non-Turkish (they can read my first entry to get to know me), it is painfully long though perfectly fun. I will not bother myself to restart from the beginning, just get to know me if you like what I write by time. However simply know that I am a terrible person that you cannot consider as good, so please do not try to undertand me because nobody can. It will be your precious time that will be wasted. A small footnote can be; please do not try to mock or criticise my English. It is NOT my mother tongue and as you may appreciate I am trying to speak another language, unlike many other lazy English native speakers...


What I like in France is those long and absolutely needless holidays. We have holidays all the time for different reasons, actually I am not concerned with those reasons as long as I am ok with the holidays. Last week we had one of those holidays and I have decided to send myself to aone week vacation. My journey was supposedly begin from Italy, then to Slovenia and finally to Croatia. I have been to many places in Europe and I have decided to go to the places those I have not been before. Also I had to fulfill a promise given to some of my dearest friends living in Slovenia. It was a must to pay a visit to them. Despite the fact that I have been to Italy before I had to fly there for my transfers to Ljubljana. I took the unfortunate and horrible flight of Ryanair from Brussels to Milano. I will never and ever fly with a cheap airline company, anyway this is not my point. I had to spend two days in Milano and when I am finished with that I were to take the train to Venice and then to Ljubljana.


When I arrived "Centrale Stazione", or whatever the name is, I searched for my hotel and checked in. As soon as I entered my room, which was very nice actually, I left my luggage and threw myself to the streets of Milano. I hate looking like a tourist; carrying a huge map, wearing ridiculous clothes, carrying a camera and etc. I did not have the enthusiasm to discover the city, the Italian life style or else. As I said I have been to Italy before and exploration would just ruin the two days those I had. In the end why would I spent some efforts on it while I could dedicate myself to some other pleasure giving activities? I have started walking around the city and as a fashion geek my first destination was the street where the designers are located. I have entered all those boutiques one by one and examined what they have. To tell the truth I was suprised; how could Milano can be considered as a fashion center? After marvelous, glorious, astonishing Paris it can just be the backyard of it. I have stopped by at Prada, Dolce&Gabbana, Tod's, Armani and at all the others. To be honest Prada was considerably good than the one in Paris and also Dolce&Gabbana, but it is probably because of their Italian roots and being at the home. Apart from that I ate a lot drank a lot, visited plenty of cafés and restaurants.


I walked around more to examine the city, though I did not enjoy it. It seemed to be very dull and the streets, buildings were simple and boring. This was another disappointment for me how could people exaggerate it that much. There were nothing interesting and I have decided to sit somewhere to enjoy a drink. While I was sitting at the cafe of Gucci, which is perfectly good with a wonderful menu at Galeria next to Duomo, I was reading my GQ, suddenly "it" came... I am mentally complicated and confused and as a probable result I have started to have anxiety and panic attack. Those attacks have started to occur since last June and they have been continuing still with wide time intervals. It caught me when I was least expecting. My heart beats increased, I was breathing too fast and I was feeling as if I am going to die there at that moment. I was totally alone and there was nobody to take care of me. This idea made me worse and I have felt like I should throw myself out to get some more fresh air, so that I can divert my attention too. The streets were extremely crowded and people were everywhere, it seemed as if they are going to run over me. Also some people were selling umbrellas on the street, to grab attention they were opening them suddenly to the faces of people and I had to walk through many of these sellers, they triggered my dizziness. When I started to tremble and shake I have decided that sitting at somewhere again would be the best idea. I sat in a café and ordered a glass of wine, I drink a lot and I thought it would have helped me to calm my nerves. Interestingly I have paid visits to many cafés in Milano but every time I order something, the waiters and the waitresess with the attitude of the creators of earth, were too rude and impolite. Who the hell do they think they are? Those pitiful minions were acting as if they are the immortal and mighty gods of Olympos coming down to earth, among the mortals, us. To be honest not only those imbeciles but most of the people on the streets were like that. I have always thought that the Italians are friendly and warm Mediterrenian people. The truth was actually opposite, they were all acting like jerks, it was a huge disillusion for me. I live in France and I prefer the French ten times to those morons. I love France and French people, whatever the others say. Those people made me even worse and I had to do something. Something that would make me feel really good, then I have decided to go to the place where you can find some smiling faces and where you can make yourself happy: Prada.


In my previous entries I have told that I am one of those people who seeks happiness in shopping. Even though I was not planning to do any and if I am to do some I would definitely do it in Paris, I have dropped by to Prada. What I like with the designer boutiques is that you can always find some good treatment and it helps you gain self confidence. I bought a pair of white sneakers from there which are rare in opposite to other Prada sneakers. Actually this little purchase helped me a bit. I did not buy just sneakers but I also bought good attitude and a kind of wellness. I felt better and again sat in café to celebrate this little event with a glass of Chardonnay. This time I ignored the spastic waiters and I guess I did the best, because he was shouting a Japanese girl that was sitting next to me and who was a customer also all the time because of a tiny misunderstanding. He confused the orders and brought something else to the girl and when she tried to send the plate he exploded and gave himself to his anger, spitting around while shouting. Then I have decided that it was the time for me to leave immediately. I finished my wine and went back to my hotel. Later on I have counted the hours to leave this horrifying city as soon as possible. In my mind Milano remained as a city which I shall avoid as much as possible, except my Pradas there were nothing good...

13 yorum:

si-men dedi ki...

ama ama neden ingilizce
neden türkçesi yok
tabii bu kadar uzunken ingilizceye çevirmen zor olur!

hoşlanmadım, zaten sen de umursamıyorsun ama okumam zorlaşacak gibi.

ayrıca yorumlarımın dili ne olmalı bilemiyorum!

o atakların sebebi kim, ben miyim gerçekten öyleyse acı olur.

hem ayrıca "there were nobody to take care of me" cümlesinin altını çizer en yakın zamanda çoluk çocuk evlilik alemine dalmanı öneririm, bir ayağın çukurda senin gözün de toprağa mı bakıyor ne :)

şaka şaka ben bakarım sana :p

Ralphius dedi ki...

Seni ne yapayım be yavrum kendime çıtır Moldovalı bir hemşire tutacağım bana baksın diye ama ondan evvel üreyip bir sürü çocuk peydahlıyacağım. Onları bizzat ben yetiştireceğim, genç şehzadelerim olacaklar, bana bakacaklar.

Global dil bu kızım artık böyle, belki ara sıra shift edebilirim. Ama sen yorumlarını dilediğin gibi yazabilirsin.

Tabii ki de sebebi sensin etrafımda neşeli insanlar görmeye tahammül edemiyorum, kendimi kötü hissettiriyor. Adeta sarımsağa maruz kalmış vampir gibi oluyorum...

Hollystone dedi ki...

Bir Milano yerin dibine böyle geçirilir. Okurken çok eğlendim. Bir arkadaşım da gitmişti pek memnun kalmamıştı. Paris gerçekten süper ama yine de ve yine de Fransızlar kaba insanlar hatta AYI bile denebilecek kapasitedeler. Bir cafe'de peynirli sandiviç istedik ve adam sandiviçin içine koyduğu peynirini plastik kaplamasını çıkartmaya bile üşenmeden öyle koyup getirmişti. İğrenç insan. Ama double espressoyu asla unutamam. Tanrım nasıl bir güzellikse uzun zamandır da içmediğimi düşünürsek hayran kaldım.

Bir de Eyfele yürüyerek tırmanma maceram var. Öğrenci işi olsun diye :D şaka aslında asansör bozulmuştu ve kuyruklar çok uzundu. Yürümek daha akıllıcaydı ama 5 euro verip su alamadığım için kuleden indiğimde susuzluktan bayılıyodum.

Bu arada neden bu kadar uzun yazdığımı bilmiyorum ve kendi bloguma bir entry girebilecek kadar uzun yazdığımın farkındayım.

Buyrun, 'Ben Nasıl Delirdim?'

Bir Milano yazısında daha görüşmek üzere.

si-men dedi ki...

delirmek filan yok daya yiyeceksin benden sen çocuk o olacak hazin sonun

ben nasıl delirdimmiş!

sen şimdi hem ingilizce hem Türkçe yazdığın için kısa tutuyorsun yazılarını, eh Türkçe yorumda uzuyor işte :)

öpüldün.

Hollystone dedi ki...

Öyle deme ama beni delirtenler var, dengemi bozanlar var. Aşağı tükürsen sakal, yukarı tükürsen bıyık! Öne doğru tükürsen yüzüne gelir, geriye tükürmek anatomik olarak imkansız.

Tek bildiğim Elvis Costello'nun I want you su. Sanırım ben seni istiyorumlu şarkıları çok seviyorum. Özellikle Sezen Aksu'nun seni seviyorumu çok başka. Sanırım bir de sarışınım :) Sarışın bulursam bir tane o şarkıyı loopa alıcam.

Ralph, chatbox a döndürdüğümüz için kusura bakma yorum kısmını. Ama bizim bloglar böyle gidiyo :)

Bi daha yapmayız söz.

Au Revoir!

Ralphius dedi ki...

Yok yok sorun değil göz atınca blog'a şöyle bir yorumlar fazla görünüp çok popülermiş izlenimi yaratıyor :) Bu arada PS I Love You'yu izledim, ağlamadım ama "dağ gibi adamcağız genç yaşta ölüverdi kıymetini bil hayatının" diyereketen hiç hesapta yokken pazar pazar dışarı çıkma ihtiyacı hissettim. Hillary Swank'a da ayrı bir üzüldüm, yazık meğer ne çok seviyormuş. Acaba biz ölünce de arkamızdan ağlayanımız, kıyafetlerimizi giyenimiz olur mu? Akşam akşam bak yine fena oldum...

Hollystone dedi ki...

Ralph, hatırlattın bak daha filmin ilk bir kaç dakikası ve bum! adam yok! ben daha orda koptum olamaz yaaa!

Ayrıca sadece hilary değil adam da deli gibi seviyormuş. Düşünsene karısının ondan sonra bunalıma gireceğini neler yapacağını herşeyi tahmin edip mektuplar bırakmış, o kadar iyi tanıyo yani. Sabah sabah çok kötü oldum.

Bir de dün gece ben Saturno Contro'yu izledim. O kadar yoğun değildi gerçi Ferzan Özpetek bilerek bu kadar yoğun olmamasını istemiş ama yine de LORENZO ölmeyecekti, ben bunu bilir bunu söylerim.

Böyle filmler, aşka ihtiyaç duyulduğu sırada izlenmemeli bence. Çok felaket etkiler yaratıyor.

si-men dedi ki...

saniyesinde 3 yorumu nasıl kaçırdım anlamadım ama yetiştim.

bebek ben sana ne dedim dengeni bozan, sinir eden varsa kaçacaksın, Ralphin blogu üzeri açıklama yaptırtma bana :)

ben i want you şarkısını baya bir beğendim, repeatte takılmasam da çılgınlar gibi, yine de hoşuma gitti zira senden daha canlı kanlı şarkılar beklemekteyim, "how dou u feel in my arms?" mesela.

Ralphten de özür diliyoruz cidden, böyle muhabbet ortamına döndürmek istemezdik ama napalım, iyice popüler olana kadar bizim yorumlar sonra belki insanlar bir sürü yorum bırakırlar altına (bilinmeyen adalardan okuyanlar)

Ralph, senin filmden etkilendiğini görmek çok hoşuma gitti zira beğenmezsin diye düşünmüştüm nedense. Sen ki unutulmaz insansın ya, 30umuza gelince bile hatırlıyoruz ya (!) kesin ölünce de arkandan ağlayanlar filan olur senin, moldovyalı hemşireler mesela.

Saturno Contro da Ferzancığımın inadına bekleneni yapmama filmiydi bir enteresan, Lorenzonun cesedini görmeye gittikleri an beni germişti, morg ne biçim yerdeydi öyle tünel gibi. "ıyk"

Hollystone dedi ki...

Ya morglar soğuk yerlerdir de o morgu gerçekten çok aramışlar. Ölünce bile öyle bir morgda bulunmak istemem.

Ayrıca, I want you çok etkileyici bir şarkı. Yani sözleri uzun zamandır bu kadar vurucu bir şarkı dinlememiştim (Interpol şarkılarını bir kenara koyarsak) Yani istersen sana Demet Akalın - Mucize yi de gönderirim ama o ancak eller havaya modunda dinlenebilecek kapasitede bir şarkı :) Çok eğlence zamanı geldiğinde dinlenir.

Ama kylie süper deme. I feel great in your arms diyesim geliyor sürekli...

I (L) Kylie!

Ralphius dedi ki...

Zevkli çocukmuşsun valla, çok beğendim o şarkıyı ama Demet Akalın'ı biraz düşünmem gerek... :)

Hollystone dedi ki...

EHuhahoy, demet akalın tabii ki sadece gece dışarı çıkılıp, şuursuz bir eğlence arandığında dinlenir. Fazlası zarar.

Ama indie rules! hele indie electronica RULES!

Ralphius dedi ki...

Hemen bakıyorum ve indiriyorum bir iki şey :)

Hollystone dedi ki...

Kimi dinlesem diye karışırsan, tavsiye için burdayım her daim.

Korkarım Misafirlerimiz Var Jonathan

Visitor Map